|Program Name:||Diploma in Spanish Language, Culture and Civilization|
|School:||Universidad Autonoma de Madrid|
|Term:||Spring (23 Jan – 5 May)|
|Cost:||€ 2,400 / [currency amount=”2400″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false]|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: No min GPA req’d, must have high school diploma; min age 18; Application deadline: December 12|
The Diploma in Spanish Language, Culture and Civilization (DiLe) is especially designed for incoming students from all over the world who would like to perfect their Spanish language skills and enhance their knowledge about the history, politics as well as the cultural and literary heritage of the Hispanic World. Students take a mandatory language course and a selection of courses on various aspects of the Spanish-speaking world. If they so choose, students may direct enroll in up to two UG courses in departments such as Anthropology, Linguistics, Psychology, Physics, Economics, Pre-Law among others.
Students will earn 30 ECTS.
Tution – € 2,400 / [currency amount=”2400″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per semester.
The fee covers tuition for the semester.
Housing – Cost varies according to accommodation type.
For more info see “Housing / Accommodation” below.
Students take a mandatory course in Spanish Oral and Written Communication and 3 Spanish electives (“optional modules”).
Students can select three of the folowing courses:
- Spain Today: Politics, Society and Economy
- Contemporary Spanish Narrative: Novel and Short Story
- Spanish Art
- Cinema and Music
- Spanish and its Culture
- Regular Courses
- Psychology: Motivación y Emoción
- Anthropology: Antropología Urbana
- Pre-Law: Derecho de la Unión Europea
- Linguistics: Lingüística Contrastiva (Inglés / Español)
- Philosophy: Teoría del conocimiento
Housing / Accommodation
Aluni.net offers housing accommodation for students in shared student apartments or studio apartments that are furnished and have internet access. For more information contact: email@example.com o www.aluni.net
Students can also live in shared student apartments. The university provides links to several websites where students can search for housing.
Eligibility / How to Enroll
Who can apply?
High School graduates from a non-Spanish speaking country
Official non-Spanish college/university students (undergraduate or graduate)
Graduates from a non-Spanish university
Spanish Language Requirements
All applicants must be non-native speakers of Spanish and provide proof of their Spanish language ability. Minimum required Spanish proficiency level is B1, recommended proficiency level B2 (intermediate to upper intermediate).
If you do not have a certificate that can attest your level of Spanish, or you are unsure about your current level, the UAM will send you a level test.
You can enter the program (1) as a free mover (“free–movers,” meaning they can study for one, at most two semesters without being part of an exchange program), or (2) through a University agreement:
1) Free mover (independent student / direct enrollment): All students meeting the requirements will be admitted on a first come first served basis until all places are taken.
2) Through University Agreements (university students only): Students will be admitted under the terms of the bilateral Agreement with their home University.
Please scan and send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form
- Passport or National ID (for EU citizens)
- Record of transcripts / academic transcript showing the courses you have taken and the grades you have earned
- Proof of Spanish language proficiency level
Once you have been admitted to the program, you will have to pay a deposit to reserve your place in the program: 250 € (for one semester) or 500 € (full academic year).