|Program Name:||January Intensive Spanish Course|
|School:||University of Leon|
|Duration:||Tw0 Weeks (23 Jan. – 3 Feb.)|
|Cost:||€ 275 / [currency amount=”275″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false]|
|Housing||€ 200 / [currency amount=”200″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per mo. student apt
€ 750 / [currency amount=”750″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per mo. homestay
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: No min GPA req’d, must have high school diploma; min age 18|
The Universidad de Leon offers a January Intensive Spanish Language Course consisting of 40 hours of Spanish class.
The Spanish course levels offered are beginner, intermediate, advanced, and superior. Students study Spanish grammary, Spanish conversation, Spanish writing and Spanish culture.
Activities are included in the Spanish program.
Tution – € 275 / [currency amount=”275″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per semester.
- Twenty hours of classes per week.
- Course materials.
- Certificate of completion of the course.
- Access to the library and study area, and to the computer lab.
- Wi-Fi access in the Language Centre.
Housing – € 200 / [currency amount=”200″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per mo.
Accommodation in a shared student apartment costs € 200 per month. Homestays and university residence halls are also available.
Accommodation in a Spanish host family costs € 750 / [currency amount=”750″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per mo. (€ 25 per day).
Spanish courses are held mornings to early afternoon, with a half and hour break. The January course consists of 40 Spanish classes. All courses include classes in Spanish grammar and vocabulary, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Culture.
Housing / Accommodation
At the course administration office there is a person solely dedicated to host family search, screening and placement, and who supervises accommodation for foreign students. Accommodation options include:
- Host Families: full board in a single room (includes washing and ironing). Cost: €25 per day. The Language Centre has an extensive database of host families in León which have been specially selected to host foreign students.
- Halls of residence: The Language Centre processes applications for all the residence halls available in the city (See PDF)
- Shared Flats (available only for full-time and long-term students): shared accommodation with other Spanish or foreign students. Prices vary from 120€ to 200€ per month per person, depending on the location and condition of the apartment. Gas, electricity, central heating and water bills are not included. The “University Housing Program” is a free service which offers advice and useful up-to-date information on available accommodation for rent in the city.
Eligibility / How to Enroll
The minimum age required to sign up is 18.
There is no minimum required GPA. Recommendation letters are not required.
Applicants must fill in the registration form:registration
Payments must be made in euro by bank transfer to the Centro de Idiomas bank account. All bank charges must be paid by the student.
The bank transfer or a copy of the transfer details must show the student’s full name and passport number, quoting the reference “Spanish Courses”.
Students must pay course fees in full in advance of the commencement of the course.
Once the application form is complete and payment made, the following documents must be submitted to this email address: email@example.com
- A scanned Passport size photograph with a white background.
- A scanned Passport or Identity card
- A valid proof of payment of 30% of the total full course fee (either a copy of the transfer or the original bank deposit slip). That amount will be deducted from the full course fees. Course fees (the first term’s fees plus tuition fees) must be paid pay in full in advance of the commencement of the course.
- A copy of the student’s Medical Insurance. Course fees do not include medical assistance; therefore private insurance to cover medical care should be arranged for non-EU foreign students. EU students need to bring with them an official duly completed Form E-111/ E-128, which will entitle them to free medical assistance under the Spanish public health system.