Spanish Language and Culture Course in Alcala de Henares, Spain
|Program Name:||Spanish Language and Culture|
|School:||University of Alacala|
|City:||Alcala de Henares, Spain|
|Term:||Winter (January to March)|
|Cost:||€ 1,805 / *|
|Housing||€ 300 – € 410 / * to * per month, university residence|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment, anybody can participate. No minimum GPA or letters of recommendation required, must have high school diploma. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. Minimum age 18.|
* Euro equivalent in dollars based on current exchange rate
COURSE DESCRIPTION – Spanish Language and Culture Course, Winter Semester
The semester Spanish Language & Culture is for participants whose goal is to learn to communicate effectively in Spanish in real life communicative situations, but who also have a deep interest in Spanish and Latin American civilization, history, art, film and literature. Students will complete 200 class hours of Spanish for a total of 20 ECTS credits (10 US credits).
Four to five hours of class a day from Monday to Friday will certainly help you learn and improve your Spanish. The first session of Spanish classes takes place from 9am to 11am. The second session of Spanish classes takes place from 11:30am to 1:30pm. The first session, Language and communication focuses on learning and practicing Spanish within a cooperative and contextualized framework. The second session, Oral and written skills, concentrates on extending the use of Spanish through enjoyable activities that effectively practice the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The third session will vary according to your level:
- A1 (beginner) participants: since students at this level do not have a sufficient command of the language to attend classes in Spanish on civilization or culture, this session will be used to improve those aspects of language and culture they need most.
- A2 level (pre-intermediate) participants attend classes on civilization.
- B1-C2 level students will have four modules addressing specific aspects of Spanish and Latin American art, history, film and literature.
In addition, as the University of Alcala’s Spanish language teaching center, all courses at Alcalingua are adapted to the EHEA, so that where necessary, you can have your ECTS credits validated at your university.
Spanish language levels are (A1 (Beginner), A2 (Pre-Intermediate), B1 (Intermediate), B2 (Advanced), C1 (Advanced High.)
- Spanish Language and Communication
- Spanish Oral and Written Skills
- Spanish Civilization
- Spanish and Latin American Art
- Spanish History
- Spanish Film
- Spanish Literature
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Open enrollment, anybody can participate. The Spanish program at the University of Alcala is open to teens, students, and adults. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US university study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. Minimum age 18.
Alcalingua is the University of Alcala’s center for teaching Spanish to foreigners and for training Spanish teachers. It is located in the historic center of Alcala de Henares, in the old college of San Patricio or Los Irlandeses, a university college founded in the mid-seventeenth century which was dedicated to the study of theology.
It was created in order to facilitate learning of the Spanish language among foreign students. Over time, it has supplemented its academic activities related to teaching Spanish to foreign students to include training teachers of Spanish and publishing teaching materials (both in print and online).
- University teaching, which prioritizes training for competences, with active and innovative methodologies, according to the guidelines of European Social Council and the Cervantes Institute.
- Highly experienced teachers providing support and mentoring at a high level.
- Specially selected ELE materials.
- An assessment system that covers the learning process and the student’s entire work, and not just a final examination.
- A virtual platform for support and communication throughout the course.
Activities: Cultural and sporting activities are available
Housing: University residence
HOW TO ENROLL
Print out the application form and accommodation forms, fill them out and send them by mail, fax or email:
- By mail: C/ Escritorios, nº 4, 28801, Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, ESPAÑA
- By fax [00 34 91 827 16 16]
- By e-mail a email@example.com
You must also include a copy of proof of payment for your course.