|Program Name:||Italian Language & Culture|
|School:||Universita Italiana per Stranieri di Siena|
|Duration:||Semester (2 Oct. – 22 Dec.)|
|Cost:||€ 1,450 / [currency amount=”1450″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false]|
|Housing||€ 250 – 350 ([currency amount=”250″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] – [currency amount=”350″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false]) per mo. student apt.|
|Language of Instruction:||Italian|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: No min GPA req’d, must have high school diploma; min age 18|
Italian Language & Culture study abroad program in Siena, Italy. Italian courses are offered in six levels, from beginner Italian to advanced Italian. Learn to speak, read, and write, and understand Italian in Siena, which is one of Italy’s most beautiful preserved Medieval cities.
Italian culture courses are also available. The aim of the courses in Italian Culture, which are organized in modules, is to provide students with a socio-historical and artistic introduction to Italian culture, which complements their language studies and permits them to earn academic credit from universities or other academic institutions abroad.
Tution – € 1,450 / [currency amount=”1450″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] per semester.
The price includes:
- Welcome Service
- Placement and final test
- Tandem service and the use of:
- University library and other libraries in the city (Alef system)
- University wi-fi
- Language laboratory
- Access to the student cafeteria
- Participation in all univesrities activities
Housing – € 250 – € 350 ([currency amount=”250″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false] to [currency amount=”350″ from=”EUR” to=”USD” show_from=false round=false]) per mo.
Most students live in shared student apartments. For more information on housing see below.
The semester long Italian courses ae divided into monthly segments. Each month include 80 hours of lessons. Italian classes are held in the morning or in the afternoon, Monday to Friday.
Final Exams. Final Exams are held generally the last day of each month. At the end of any given month, a student may take the final exam of the segment he/she has been attending. By passing the monthly final exam, the student earns 4 CFU/ ECTS.
Each monthly segment of the Regular Courses is structured to integrate different types of learning modules:
- Base Linguistic Modules (MLB) give special attention to the development of linguistic and communicative competence.
- Thematic Linguistic Modules (MLT), aim to develop functional, interactive, and pragmatic capacities through themes of interest related to the Italian culture and language.
- Cultural Modules (MC) are offered at the levels B1 –B2 – C1 – C2 (intermediate Italian – advanced Italian)
Italian Culture Courses follow the same calendar as the regular courses of Italian language and are planned so as to avoid scheduling conflicts with the Italian language lessons. Students may attend a trimester-long course or monthly segments thereof; at the end of each trimester they may take a written or oral exam on the material covered. The courses are designed in monthly modules, each including five 2-hour lessons for a total of 10 hours.
Students may register for the Cultural Modules upon arrival in Siena, choosing the courses which interest them from those being offered.
Housing / Accommodation
For housing information contact email@example.com
You can also visit the accommodation page (in Italian) for more information housing options and how to find housing in Siena.
Click here to visit the housing search page.
Eligibility / How to Enroll
There is no minimum required GPA. Recommendation letters are not required. The minimum age for enrollment is 18. You should enroll at least one month before your Italian course begins.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Attach a copy of your high school diploma
- Attach a copy of your deposit payment / installment fee (bank receipt, etc.)
- Attach a copy of your passport
- Include a passport sized photo
- Send the enrollment form and documents to:
- UNIVERSITÀ PER STRANIERI DI SIENA UFFICIO DEI CORSI DI LINGUA ITALIANA, P.za C. Rosselli 27/28 53100 Siena. Italia
- or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving all of the required documents the Office of Italian Language Courses will send the communication of Acceptance by e-mail. The students who have to apply for the study Visa are asked to communicate which is the Italian embassy or consulate where they will apply, in order to send them the communication of acceptance certified by e-mail (PEC) in place of the original one.
Visit the FAQs page for additional info.
For further information:
Piazza Carlo Rosselli 27/28
tel. +39 0577 240115
fax +39 0577 281030
Registration forms and fees:
Ufficio dei corsi di lingua
italiana per stranieri
Tel. +39 0577 240106-345-343
Fax +39 0577 283163
Italian Language Centre:
Piazza Carlo Rosselli 27/28
tel. +39 0577 240302-303-235
fax +39 0577 42112